Arlene Newman is an internationally recognized artist, designer, author and instructor with over 25 years of experience. In addition, she has published four instructional books, designed hundreds of pattern packets and created many instructional DVD's for beginner to advanced level artists. Arlene lectures and teaches worldwide from the United States and Canada sharing her talents and techniques as well as her wonderful designs wherever her brush takes her.
Arlene is proud to be one of 13 Artists from around the world who authored The Heritage Art Education and Teaching Program. She is also a Certified Heritage Artist & Teacher. Arlene currently teaches at the Annual Society of Decorative Painters National Convention, and has taught at several other National Conventions including: Heart Of Ohio Tole, Creative Painting in Las Vegas, New England Traditions and the Coast 2 Coast Convention in Canada.
The White House has thrice bestowed the honor of creating art for their permanent collection to Arlene. She has painted two Christmas ornaments for the White House Christmas tree in 1999 and 2005 and represented the State of New Jersey for the National Decorated Egg display at the White House for Easter.
Her new adventures are taking her into a totally new style of painting with CASUAL flowers, fruits and landscapes using many old world style painting techniques like: Alla Prima and Direct Painting. Come join us on our artistic journey with our new studies!
- Master Decorative Artist – Floral (MDA) Pending
- Jansen Art & Heritage Teaching Certificate 2010
- Jansen Art & Heritage Educational Designer 2010
- Traditions Educational Designer 2006
- Master Decorative Artist – Still Life 2005
- Traditions Education Program Teaching Certificate 2005
- Master Decorative Artist Stroke Work 1993
- Certified Decorative Artist (CDA) 1992
*CDA, MDA Certifications designated by the National Society of Decorative Painters Wichita, Kansas
- Manasquan River Group of Artists - Manasquan, NJ
- Laurelton Art Society - Bricktown, NJ
- Ocean County Artists Guild- Island Heights , NJ
- Garden State Decorative Artists Freehold, NJ
- Tole Time at the Jersey Shore, Toms River, NJ
- Vesterheim Norwegian/ American Museum
- Garden State Norsk Rosemaling Society
- Designed a painting featured on the cover of a Japanese Art organization magazine (JDPA) with instruction material, published Spring 2011
- Design Articles published in Paint Works Magazine Nov 2003, Jan 1999, Feb 1999 & June 1997
- Design Articles Published in Tole World Magazine Dec 1998, Decorative WoodCrafts and Better Homes and Gardens Dec 1998
- Authored over 300 educational design patterns for decorative painting lessons
- Authored Four instructional painting books published in 1995, 1996, 1997 and 2001.
- Published Six art-instructional DVDs
- Numerous art and painting articles published in The Decorative Painter Magazine Mar/ April 2006 & Sept /Oct 1996.
- President of Garden State Decorative Artists, Art Club, Freehold, NJ. 2007 -2009
- Designed, painted and donated two Christmas Ornaments for the permanent collection for The White House Christmas Tree in Washington DC. 1999 & 2008
- Honored to represent the state of NJ by donating a painted Easter Egg for the National Egg display at The White House in Washington, DC. 2008
- Designed and donated a painted Tin heart for publication in National Society Book, Angels and Hearts Collection. 1990
- May 2011-2012 - Coast to Coast Creative Arts Show, Mississauga, Canada
- Oct 2010-2012 - New England Traditions Art Convention, Providence, Rhode Island
- Feb 1999-2004 - Creative Painting Convention, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Aug 1998-2011 - Heart of Ohio Tole Art Convention, Columbus, Ohio
- May 1997-2012 The Society Of Decorative Painters Arts Convention, USA
- Sept 1997 - Western Regional Decorative Painting Conference, Logan, Utah